Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Fusion Mineral Paint project # 1

I have been given the chance to try Fusion Mineral Paint and wanted to share my first project I did using it. I chose Laurentien which was listed as a twist on robin's egg blue (totally in my realm of favs). When it arrived I found it very minty, my youngest daughter's favorite color. ;)


An antique wood chair I planned to paint for the front door became the project of choice to use it on. I scrubbed and sanded down the chair to the bare wood.
 the before with stamps and glitter glue
 sanded to the solid wood construction
 and on goes the first coat
Once the first coat of paint went on, smooth as they said it would, it proved to be easily covering the light wood. It was however too opaque and modern looking for the old chair.
 I had stained the seat in hickory and got the idea to use the hickory stain as a wash over the green.
 It turned out perfect giving the chair dimension and kept it looking its age but with a ton of life.

thank you for sharing this great paint Fusion.. stay tuned for more projects, and if you want to give this beauty a new home, please get in touch with any of the contact links in the upper right corner ;)

*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains a sponsored link for Fusion Mineral Paint

Comments