Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Fusion's raw silk bedroom suite


Fusion Mineral Paint released new colors a bit ago and raw silk called my name. It is a lovely white color with a hint of cream. It was the perfect color to take a mismatched wood color bed room pieces and create a matching bedroom suite. Nightstands were originally deep ebony color, the dresser was orangy maple and the headboard was rustic painted white.





To make all the base wood colors cohesive, I first painted the dresser and nightstands in 2 coats of primer. Then it was time for the pretty raw silk paint to go on. I went with 2 coats to give a more opaque coverage.





There are not loads of crevices but enough to catch some details. As always there are lots options to use but I chose to try a grey paint wash. Fusion's tones for tots little lamb was my choice. Each piece I painted in this universal grey color then wiped back with a wet rag for a grey wash finish. Perfect, just the right amount of color added to the pieces.


See how it just catches in the grooves and tones the raw silk on the flat surfaces to a greyer tone



solid raw silk on left and grey washed on right

Now the hardware, to make all pieces seem cohesive, add new matching hardware. For all the knobs, new hammered silver was the choice. The existing handles needed to match so I went with layering coats of silver metallic and brushed nickel silver spray then hand rubbing in dark black metallic cream, perfect!



top handle has the dark metallic added and bottom the silvers only
I think the recreated match the new knob shown above very well, what do you think?

And to give more durability to the top of the dresser and nightstands, I  wiped on a few coats of Fusion tough coat! The once mismatched set is now a perfectly coordinated bedroom suite ready to be put to use.  (please excuse the garage staging but with such large pieces I had no where to haul in my home to stage)











Thanks Fusion Mineral paint for making such great products to achieve this fabulous look. Find a piece and Paint It Beautiful.

This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint

Linked up to these parties
Finding Silver Pennies
Recreated Designs
Inspiration Monday
Talk of the Town
Embracing Change
Grandma's House DIY

Comments

  1. So you just painted on little lamb? You didn't use the glaze? Would the glaze have the same effect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yes it works as a wash, glaze would have a similar yet different effect ;) Worth a try but I do not have much luck with glaze, I prefer washes and wax

      Delete

Post a Comment