Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Fusion's Azure maple dresser


When I daw this sweet little maple dresser I instantly thought baby/child's room as it was the perfect size. It would be the right height for a change table too making it even more multi purpose. And I envisioned a fun turquoise color, excellent for either a girl or boy.


sellers photo

The solid maple top had a crackling factory finish that required a stripper to remove then more sanding to bring back to the raw wood state. 


 apply


 let bubble


then scrape off the old shellac finish and sand well


I then used Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one in natural to enhance and seal this beautiful wood. Three coats gently sanded with 0000 steel wool between coats gave it the perfect finish. I LOVE this product, honestly it is so easy to apply, has no brush strokes or chemical smells and gives a soft matte sheen.

A couple coats of Fusion Mineral Paint  in the gorgeous azure blue color and this little beauty began to shine

.
I decided to paint the original square mirror too as it tilts, is removable option but super cute and in excellent condition


The original hardware was thin and just not what I was wanting but I did have 6 handles on hand to swap them out for. I like the variation in colors and the size for the dresser.


I am excited for someone special to add this to their bedroom but it would even be fun in an entry way to catch keys, hold mitts and scarves and check yourself before heading out the door. 









*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint & Homestead House Paint Co. 



Shared at these linky parties
Talk of the Town
To Grandma's House We Go
Creative Inspirations
Friday's Furniture Fix
Farmhouse Friday
Best Friday Features
Silver Sundays
Inspirations Galore
Happiness Is Homemade

Comments

  1. I think this piece really appreciates its new makeover! I imagine it smiling while joyfully skipping in the sunshine! A wonderful makeover Lee Ann, thanks for sharing it at #FridaysFurnitureFix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out and I love the color! :)

    Thank you so much for sharing this at the Farmhouse Friday link party! Pinned and shared! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment