Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Ebony and Grey Dining Table


There are so many well loved but out dated stained dining tables just waiting to be reloved. I took this oval wood medium stained one and gave it an updated look in shades of grey.


The top had typical wear and tear but after a good sanding of 40 - 80- 120 grit sanding paper the finish was gone and the wood bare.


The perfect canvas for Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one in ebony. I went with 3 coats letting each one dry overnight and given a light sanding of 220 between coats.


 This was a lovely dark black stain but I decided to take it further with various shades of Fusion Mineral Paint .


I dry brushed Fusion Mineral Paint soapstone first followed by ash then coal black and all with the same chip brush. How easy is that?



While those layered dried I painted the base and table skirt Fusion Mineral Paint little lamb, a soft universal grey.


 While the brush was still wet I dry brushed this on the top as well.


Homestead House black furniture wax was used on the base and table skirt to give dimension


Fusion tough coat was applied in 4 coats over the top to give table top durability










*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint

Linked up to these parties

Comments

  1. Wow ! what an interesting blog with nice pictures.Thanks for
    sharing this information.Your information is really informative for us.
    Nice blog on Dining Tbale
    Keep sharing more & more...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment