Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

wooden canister set reloved in Fusion's putty



My Mom bought me this wooden canister set as a project, first step scrub up and let dry


Oh yes, there was one repair to be made

My first attempt at painting was with Homestead House Paint Co. in Renfrew blue but the canisters and milk paint had a mind of their own on the lids and only one side.. excessive chipping


and below is the Renfrew blue with Homestead House Paint Co. loyalist milk paint dry brushed on for a cool old denim look but with tops and one side on each really chippy it was not the look I wanted so I washed them all clean. This is the great part of milk paint until sealed.



Fusion Mineral Paint putty was the next color choice and one coat covered perfectly on all sides, bottom and lid and top edges. 


I want a vintage look so sanded all sides and edges then added  Homestead House black furniture wax for dimension and aging.







*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint & Homestead House Paint Co. 



Linked up here

Comments