Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

More Old World Plaster Look Projects


After creating IOD moulds using a tube full of acrylic caulking I had to do some projects. The first was this bread box. (click link to see how it was created)


The next ones I chose were this thick smooth glass vase and chunky solid hand crafted candle holder.



seeing they are so flexible and "tacky" I tried placement on the candle holder and thought yep this will work


I then glued them in place on both pieces, tack taped and left to dry
NOTE: painters tape sticks too much to the acrylic moulds, be careful when removing


Once dry it was time to paint. Both project surfaces were super smooth so needed some stick. I could have used Fusion Mineral Paint's ultra grip, roughed up the surfaces with sandpaper or go with texture powder added to the paint. 


 I chose Fusion Mineral Paint's in Ash, a dark grey, mixed with Fusion Mineral Paint's fresco powder.
Stippling it on gives the plaster look.


Then I dry brushed Fusion Mineral Paint's pebble, a soft grey, over the entire surface and lightly sanded.


And that is it!! 








This beautiful candle holder holds both 3" pillar candles as well as taper candles





And the vase will look fabulous with fresh flowers, as a succulent planter, utensil or pen holder or as just a pretty display piece.




*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains links for Fusion Mineral Paint  & IOD - Iron Orchid Designs to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, they are just added for your convenience ;)

Linked up to these parties
Happiness Is Homemade
Friday's Furniture Fix

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete
  2. What did you use for your moles you didn't show that your pieces were beautiful I would like to try that but I didn't know what you used and how and how were you able to take them off of the moles once the once it had dried

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      there should be a link to the first tutorial showing the molds ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. You have opened the door for so many ideas ! 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete
  4. Has anyone ever made a cuff bracelet with IOD molds and air dry clay? I think I have seen that done but I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not but will keep eyes peeled if I do and share ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment