Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Antique Accent Table in Homestead House Milk Paint


This antique accent table was heading to the burn pile but was brought to me by a great customer in hopes I could give it new life.


Absolutely, I will give it my best . First step a good scrubbing to rid it of years of dirt and grime from being stored in an old shed. See how the grunge washes away with warm water, TSP, a dash of soap and hand scrubbing.


Then it was onto repairs, age always brings a few needed fixes ;)


I whipped up some Homestead House Milk Paint in a fun green called upper Canada green.
While it sat for its 15 minutes of rest time, I took the table outside and gave it a good power sand with 220 grit sandpaper all over to loosen the old finish and smooth the old wood.


Then on went the green milk paint. 


Milk paint dries very fast so was not long before I could add another color. I went with Homestead House Milk Paint in quaker blue.  (sorry pics of this stage went amiss) This color went on more random to give a well worn multi layer paint look. I do like to hand sand after each coat.






To seal the layers I chose Homestead House hemp oil, this wood is really dry so it loved the drink of oil. After most was absorbed, I wiped with a soft cloth and let dry overnight. The final step was to add a dark wax to add age back into the piece and it was complete.








I added these to show the treasure boxes painted with the same quaker blue and just how different the sealing choices change it up. (hemp oil, white wax and black wax)


And a sweet vintage window painted in both colors (one on each side) and shown here as fun dry erase board.




*Disclosure
As a Homestead House Paint Co. brand blogger, I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This posted links for Homestead House Paint Co. are for your information convenience.

Linked Up to these Parties
Friday's Furniture Fix
Farmhouse Friday



Comments