Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

jumbo chalk board



A good customer of mine gifted me this large wood window frame sans glass (29X40). I knew it would make the prefect rustic chalkboard.

After a good scrub to get rid of years of dirt and grime accumulated during storage,  I went with Old Fashioned Milk Paint in oyster white painting all sides in two coats.

I dry brushed on a dark grey, a light grey and taupe then power sanded all sides well to smooth any raised wood, paint and rough spots.


To seal the milk paint I rubbed on Daddy Vans lavender scented clear wax, dry brushed some more OFMP in oyster white then sealed everything with Daddy Vans clear wax again topped with cafe noir, a gorgeous dark wax.


To create the chalkboard center, I cut a piece of hardboard to fit, painted it in 3 coats of Rustoleum black chalkboard paint, sanding between coats.







*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, there is no monetary compensation received from the sponsored links. Huge thanks to my great sponsors for this project Old Fashioned Milk Paint & Daddy Vans

Shared at these parties
Happiness is Homemade

Comments