Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Teal oak side table with built in magazine storage


My mom brought me this combination end/side table magazine rack from a neighbor. Seeing it was a solid multi-functional piece I knew a relove was in order.


front and back


I sanded the top lightly then gave the whole piece a good wipe down to prep the surface for great paint adhesion. I recently had gotten a sample from Country Chic Paint they were offering last month in the limited collection color called Spirited. In the past the sample sizes were 4 oz but this new bottle shape holds only 2 oz. I was not sure it would cover this entire piece but decided to give it a try.


To extend it just a bit I added some water to give it more of a translucent stain coverage which worked well on the oak. 


A second coat as well with the added water covered every surface twice except the magazine rack back side which I painted a fun cranberry color from Fusion Mineral Paint.


A little distressing on the edges was followed by a coat of Country Chic Paint's clear wax over all the surfaces. While the clear was still "wet", I added their antiquing wax to the edges and crevices to deepen the teal color and give the piece age and dimension.


* dark wax on above then worked in below


The original hardware needed an update too. I was torn between Krylon spray paint copper or  Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze so put a poll on my Instagram page. It was divided pretty equal so I went with Krylon's copper which was just a few votes ahead.


Once all back together, here it is













Shared at these Link Up Parties

Comments