Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Elegant Jewelry Armoire



A good customer bought this jewelry armoire painted online. It was listed as solid wood and painted white with stained dark drawers. However when it arrived it was a hot mess; white oil paint had drip marks everywhere, yellow drips and patches of  sealers I assume randomly and missing sealer on patches. The stained drawers had bristles stuck in the finish and the gold hardware screws were pretty much stripped making removing a real task.





After removing the hardware it was time to power sand the drips smooth. Unfortunately the whole thing was MDF with only the front legs and top door being wood ;(


The customer wanted to change the drawer fronts to a deep eggplant. I created this by mixing Fusion Mineral Paint coal black into Country Chic paint sugar plum, perfect!


The drawer fronts were painted 2 coats of this custom purple looking rich and elegant.







The body was painted two coats of Fusion Mineral Paint in picket fence, a crisp fresh white.



To give an aged vintage look, the edges and curvy details were minimally distressed then Fusion Mineral Paint black wax added.

The gold hardware was updated to pretty satin nickel to make the purple paint pop!


 The jewelry armoire is now exactly what the customer envisioned and proudly displayed in her home.




















Shared at these Linky Parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments

  1. I have this exact same jewelry armoire. I put 2 coats of Dixie belle slick stick and I will also be incorporating purple to coordinate with my bedroom. Thanks for the post. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete
  2. I have this exact same jewelry armoire. I put 2 coats of Dixie belle slick stick and I will also be incorporating purple to coordinate with my bedroom. Thanks for the post. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment