Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Teal Stools for 5



A very good customer needed counter stools for her new house and wanted them to be more rustic country looking. But trying to find 5 ~ 24" matching solid wood stools was a challenge. Luckily I found a set of 4 (above right) and a solo and with the magic of paint transformed them into just what they were looking for.


Above all scrubbed clean and ready to go


The customer had bought a press back chair from me she loved and wanted the stools in the same color,  Cottage Paint in Teal.



Two coats were applied then distressed with a sanding block



And to seal it all up I used Cottage paint flat acrylic wax which brushes on easily and to add dimension to the great curves and crevices I highlighted them with Daddy Van's cafe noir  dark wax then wiped with Daddy Van's hemp oil and a soft cloth for a soft sheen.





DO you notice the one different stool?





Shared at these Linky Parties
Farmhouse Friday




Comments

  1. Just found your site after researching for photos of painted press back chairs. I'm tired of my brown stained set and love what you did with the blue chalk paint. I've used Aubusson and know how beautiful it turns out. I like how you slightly distressed yours. I have 6 chairs so it's a big project. They're a bit grimmy so they need a good cleaning first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks for finding me and allowing me to help inspire you. Furniture is so good to update with color for a nice change :)

      Delete

Post a Comment