Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Another set of Coal Black Press Back Chairs


Press back chairs are a favorite of mine and apparently quite a few others too. After I posted a pair I did last year that came in for a refresh moving from outside on the deck to inside, a customer messaged hoping they were for sale. Luckily I had one set left unpainted that I could do in the exact same color, Fusion Mineral paints coal black.


Once scrubbed clean they were ready to go, two coats of coal black covered for a perfect solid classic black.


While I painted them, in between coats I was working on these glammed up nightstands in Fusion's champlain.


To add durability to them as they will be part of a family dining table, I applied 2 coats of Fusion's hemp oil wood finish. It also adds a slight sheen to the black and enriches the deep color even more.







The cedar lined armoire in the background is done in Homestead House (Fusion's parent company) milk paint midnight blue with coal black stenciled on the sides and sealed with the same hemp oil.

Shared at these online linky parties



Comments

  1. what brush or sprayer did you use on the chairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello I used a 2" angled synthetic brush for these chairs :)

      Delete
  2. What kind of paint? A lot of prep work? I have these exact chairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of work depending on the original finish condition but the paint is listed above, it is Fusion in coal black :)

      Delete

Post a Comment