Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Farmhouse Inspired Green Milk Painted Jewelry Box



A recent trip to the thrift store had me bringing these home, I did the pepper grinder in a modern black and the 2 jewelry boxes in the same color but different finish. (see the small trunk finished in dark wax here)


I  chose Homestead House Milk Paint in Laurentien for this jewelry box too, I used it recently on these farmhouse stools too.


Two coats were applied and let dry then sponge sanded to distress (above right). Milk paint usually distresses easily and looks very authentic. To seal the milk paint, I applied Fusion Mineral Paint clear wax then  I applied Fusion Mineral Paint ageing wax to age it further to the perfect farmhouse style look.








same paint color, one clear waxed first


Shared up at these fun linky parties
Farmhouse Friday
Creative Inspirations

Comments