Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Blue & Red Frame



After painting the ornate frame a fun beach glass color, I chose the middle light wood artists frame on the left to paint up. I decided to go with a fun whimsical color combo of red and turquoise.


First coat was American Paint Company blue green called beach glass went on all sides. I used it recently on this cute jewelry box.


Then APC paint in fire works red was layered over the beach glass on all sides again. I did some fun salt and pepper sets in both colors recently as well. Once dry the frame was sanded smooth, lightly distressed and sealed with Minwax dark wax.


Chicken wire was stapled from the back side securely in the frame and the hanging wire reattached.


I love these fun colored frames for sun glasses catch all, photos or jewelry display



I also created a solid wood pepper grinder in the same colors and think the pair would look so great in a kitchen to give a pop of color
Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


video tour of the frame




Shared at these Linky Parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments