Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

CUREiously Pink Recipe Box Charity Auction


A very good friend gave me this cute little wooden recipe box one of her daughters painted her as a child. She hoped I could give it a new look.


With Fusion Mineral Paint's new limited release color called CUREiously, with $1 for each can sold going to cancer research, I knew it would completely transform it. I also knew I wanted to auction it off with ALL PROCEEDS going to the Canadian Cancer Society.



Step one was to take off the solid brass RECIPE and lid


and power sand the entire wood box smooth and polish the brass.


Two coats of Fusion Mineral Paint  CUREiously pink went on.


I like to age my pieces for a fun farmhouse feel, sanding the edges to reveal the wood underneath does just that then the edges are sealed with Fusion's ageing wax .


And the recipe box is complete, with a totally new look. I auctioned it off with the entire highest bid going to the Canadian Cancer Society as well as I offered free shipping anywhere in Canada. I was so happy to have it sell for $50, thank you Shelley C and thank you Fusion for the fun color.






PROUD to be a


Comments