Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Custom Purple Jewelry Box



This worn dated jewelry box needed an update, hello Fusion Mineral Paint.
I had a wee amount of the Pantone Color 2018 Purple from this custom growth ruler I did.
Using Fusion's recipe and 3 colors, this pretty purple was created.


One coat covered this smooth surface perfectly then the entire box was distressed to reveal the original color. 

To add more dimension, Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax  was rubbed around the edges which also seals the distressed edges too.

To update the etched glass top, it was treated with Krylon Looking Glass spray to give it a faux mercury glass look. I love doing this with vintage jewelry boxes, see it used here on other jewelry boxes with popular pink and more pink and a fun French frame in ash 










Comments