Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Restoring a Vintage Cabinet In Ebony Stain Finishing Oil


When I saw this antique cabinet in the thrift store I was smitten. It was a solid made piece with great details. I knew I could update it and give it new life.


First step was to removed the fret work and the glass, scrub the entire piece fully and start sanding the degrading finish.




The finish washed off completely in spots and was stuck fast in others. 


But after HOURS of power and hand sanding, I got the entire piece back to bare wood.


The hardware was painted Fusion Mineral Paint coal black and distressed a bit in keeping with a vintage look and feel.


Homestead House's stain and finishing oil all in one in ebony was then applied to all the bare wood surfaces.


Two coats of the stain oil finish provided great coverage


Now what color to paint the inside of the cabinet including the backing??


For the inside and backing I went with Fusion Mineral Paint Champlain, a pretty warm white. 


Two coats and once dry the backing was put back on with the original nails


Seeing the original fret work was not going back on, new holes were drilled thru the original glass holders and the cabinet was complete.















Shared at these Linky Parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments