Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

CUREiously Pink strikes again Jewelry box #2



I love painting jewelry boxes as they are the perfect canvas to apply fun bold colors which give the boring old original finishes new life. This sweet wood jewelry box with the heart cut out on the hinged top said pink!



But light or dark pink? Dark pink won


Fusion Mineral Paint released a limited paint in October called CUREiously pink. It is such a fun bold color. See another jewelry box I painted for a local cancer fund raiser as well as a recipe box with all proceeds going to Canada Cancer Society.

Two coats were applied to a clean surface and once dry, the jewelry box was sponge sanded smooth and distressed on the edges.



The etched glass in the top was given my favorite / signature faux mercury treatment using looking glass spray from Krylon.


To add a wee bit of shimmer, I applied Miss Mustard Seed's NEW zinc wax. It worked perfectly with the faux mercury glass and in certain lighting, gave the luscious pink a purplish shade and silver shimmer in others.






Shared at these link parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Penny Sundays
Inspiration Monday

Comments