Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Vintage Round Wood Tray Makeover


After and before for this solid wood tray; I am loving the classic  distressed warm white update with pretty stencil. How about you?


The vintage tray was chosen out of my stock to paint by a customer who purchased this lovely warm white bread box. She wanted the tray painted similar to serve and display fruit on her kitchen counter.



To start, the hardware was removed and the tray lightly sanded to smooth the hand painted flowers then scrubbed well.

I applied two coats Fusion Mineral Paint in the color plaster, a warm white color. The edges were distressed to keep the vintage look and hints of wood visible. To further age it, I applied Fusion Mineral Paint black and ageing waxes to the edges front and back. The hardware was put back on.


From an assortment of stencils I have on hand, the customer chose this damask one from  The Stencil Warehouse.


Using a small stencil brush I applied Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black over the secured stencil. 


I love this stencil. Once it was dry I lightly sanded over it to distress a bit with a sanding block.


And to add a bit more durability seeing it will be used to display fruit and such on, I added two coats of Fusion Mineral Paints wipe on tough coat with a damp rag. A bit more dark wax was added over the edges and this beauty is ready to get to work.






shared at these link up parties
Creative Inspirations
Silver Pennies Sundays
Inspiration Mondays

Comments