Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Painting and Finishing the French Provincial Desk in Farmhouse Style


Did you read the first steps in this beauties makeover? Lets continue with the painting and finishing of the base.


Front and back views of the base after the first coat of Fusion Mineral Paint in the color Champlain, I did the same colors on this dining table which was bought by the same great customer as this piece.

Champlain was also used on this roll top desk, this gorgeous dresser turned sideboard, a sweet jewelry box , rustic country tables and as the inside of this antique cabinet to share just a few pieces I have used it on.


Three coats went on over this dark finish lightly sponge sanding between coats and distressing of the edges.


To add dimension and age, I used Fusion's espresso wax. (L) It goes so well with the natural top and warm white base. (R) The entire base; back, front and inside were all dark waxed.


The original hardware was updated with pulls in antique iron from D Lawless Hardware. They gave the perfect modern farmhouse feel to this makeover.



The next issue this desk presented was tilted drawers!


It seems the runners were affixed much lower then level which made them not close flush. See the original position outlined in over spray of the original finish? I moved them up at least 1/2" higher.


And now they close perfectly. And that is a wrap for this lovely desk.








Isn't that grain gorgeous?


the back is going to be the front in its new home


close up of the dark wax










Shared at these link up parties
Farmhouse Friday
Creative Inspirations
Silver Pennies Sundays
Inspiration Mondays

Comments