Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Antique Side Table in Ash and Little Lamb



I picked this antique side table up from an estate sale, it is a great size, perfect by a chair with a plant, some books and a coffee cup.


The unique wood base would be lovely painted pretty but the laminated top and metal ring needed a change up for sure.


A customer who purchased these two tables custom called the able to be painted to match them. Again since the table top surface was super smooth, I applied Fusion Mineral Paint's Ultra Grip and left it to dry overnight. 

Once the metal ring was off, the layers of wood were exposed and rough. I tried experimenting adding the embossing paste I had left over from my faux tin tiles carefully around the edge. (above it is the light grey around edge) Once it dried I sanded it smooth.

The next day, I painted on one coat of  Fusion Mineral Paint in the gorgeous Ash color, a dark grey over the entire top. The black laminate made only 1 coat necessary.


The solid wood base was painted two coats of Fusion's popular soft grey, little lamb. When dry it was lightly distressed on the edges.


I was not really happy with the edge filled and painted. Deciding which new Rustoleum metallic spray paint color I chose the flat soft iron (L) to keep the ring similar tone to the top but with a bit of shine. The titanium silver (R) will be saved for another project.



Multiple coats of the metallic spray paint were applied giving the metal ring a pretty new look.



Like the other two tables, the top was given additional durability and dimension using Homestead House's ebony stain and oil finish. It adds a rustic feel to the ash Fusion paint.


Over the light grey paint, Fusion's black wax was applied and now all 3 tables are a "matching" farmhouse table collection.





Shared at
Farmhouse Friday
Inspiration Monday
Creative Inspirations

Comments

  1. I am really loving this paint! We have a really old coffee table that I have been wanting to refinish for about 4 years. I am hesitant after my whole “let’s just paint our dressers without sanding or priming” phase. Oh to be 20 again and so full of hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. truly there is no for sure "no sand" paint, all depends on the condition of the piece. What you see on the finish will show thru the paint so that too depends on the finish you want to achieve. But with proper prep, painting a piece can give a whole new look ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment