Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Beachy Farmhouse Table Set using milk paint



A good customer was needing certain sized end tables for their lake house so had her father in law build some and brought to me to paint in a beachy white finish.


Here are the sweet little tables. They are so light weight making them easy to work on and transport.

I started with two full coats of Homestead House Milk Paint  in raw silk as the base color.


Then the layers of other milk paint colors were added, two more shades of white (snow white & light cream from Old Fashioned Milk Paint)


as well as Homestead House Milk Paint's confederate grey for a wee bit of dimension.


All the surfaces were hand sanded to a buttery smooth finish. To seal the milk paint I chose  Homestead House's white stain and oil finish and gave two coats with overnight drying between and a light sanding after each coat was dry.


watch the video to see how easy it goes on


To give more dimension to the routered grooves to create the planked look, I added Fusion Mineral Paint black wax.



the taller table




the shorter square table



FEATURED ON
Apr 27/19

Shared up at

Comments

  1. Will look fabulous in the cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think so too, they turned out just what the clients wanted ;)

      Delete
  2. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content.

    Please let me know. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Finally something about Cleaners.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment