Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Farmhouse Press Back Captains Chair in Antique White



This is my last remaining press back  replica chair in stock. I had a customer buy the peacock one I had in my home (picture below) and wanted another to add to her dining table. 


She did not want it painted the same color instead choosing antique white. Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain was the choice.


Above is the first coat on with two going on in total. I used my large oval Staalmeester brush which worked so well to get in all the nooks and crannies while holding a good amount of paint while doing so. 


All the surfaces were lightly sponge sanded to give the paint a smooth feel with distressing on the edges and usual wear spots for a worn rustic look.



To further age it, Fusion's ageing wax was applied. I prefer to use a little 1" chip brush to get into the crevices. Above left is before and right is on of course.


The front rails above show what wiping it off leaves in the crevices closer up.


Such a lovely aged look right?


The Fusion ageing wax brings out the press back details perfectly. 


Fusion's clear wax was applied to the seat before the ageing to add a bit more durability to a well used area.


Such a beautiful farmhouse chair ready for years of use.







Shared at these link up parties

Comments

  1. I am looking for a chair like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have the last press back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean this one in the tutorial? If so no I do not

      Delete
  3. I am looking for a chair like that but original colour

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment