Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Worn and weathered kitchen step stool in Annie Sloan Florence


When we moved to our new house just over 7 years ago I gave my little farmhouse step stool a paint job in bold turquoise along with 3 bar stools. 


Over the years of use the finish needed a fresh coat of wax but I decided to change it up completely.


The entire outside was power sanded back to raw wood for a fresh start. The inside was power sanded where it could reach then hand sanded but not completely to bare wood.


To rehydrate the wood and seal it I applied  Homestead House's natural stain and oil finish


Keeping some of the original turquoise on the inside I dry brushed on some angora white from House & Canvas then Annie Sloan's Florence. I used Florence on this ornate mirror too.



These layers were sanded for a pretty major distressed look. 


Now for the outside.


I forgot how smoothly Annie Sloan goes on. Florence went on in the perfect worn and weathered look.


To seal it all, I applied Annie Sloan clear wax all over then added Fusion's ageing wax in the crevices for a further aged look.


 I just love my "new" stool. What do you think?




Shared at these link up parties


Comments

Post a Comment