Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Antique Tool Box


I picked this adorable hand made divided crate at an estate sale. I knew it would look awesome with a few simple steps.


My first step in any piece is to clean it well and this one needed extra cleaning, years of grime, grease and gunk covered it. I scrubbed it well with warm soapy water and Fusion Mineral Paint TSP.

Once it was good and dry it was lightly sanded to smooth out any rough bits then I applied Homestead House hemp oil with a chip brush.



After letting is soak in well I wiped off the excess and buffed when dry and this sweet piece of history is ready to be proudly displayed. Wouldn't it looks sweet with succulents planted in it (not directly in of course) or jam jars for cut flowers? I love it full of my blue insulators and old jelly jars. It would be perfect center piece for utensil storage too. The options are endless with it.




See the lovely aged zinc sofa table it is sitting on and the IKEA hacked Moppe organizer

Even the original leather strap soaked up the oil too.



Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  

Shared at these link up parties
Farmhouse Friday
DIY Wednesday

Comments

  1. I luv your toolbox! I'd luv to invite you to share with us at Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Wednesdays-Mondays! Have a great weekend! https://www.dabblinganddecorating.com/single-post/2018/06/20/Wall-to-Wall-DIY-Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dabbling , thank you for the invite and kind words. I indeed have popped over and shared it and a couple more at your fun link up party ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment