Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

French Provincial Coffee table with Stained Top and Warm White Base



French Provincial coffee table gets a beautiful makeover. Stained top and warm white base is always classic and can go in almost any home decor. 
Here are a few more in this same color combination for your viewing pleasure; another french provincial coffee tablesolid wood dining table, mission style end table, antique serving cart, mission style coffee table, vintage desk and this sweet dresser.


This particular coffee table was part of a trio purchased from an estate sale. The two accent tables were done in a similar color to match the oval coffee table previously done.


First step is to scrub then the top was chemically stripped with stripper and wiped with mineral spirits to remove and residual stripper.


I love when spring arrives so I can haul pieces out to sand outdoors. It seems my dog was pretty happy with the weather too ;)


I love wood and the grain that is revealed after these steps.



The trio had all the same steps  (above left is before sanding and above right is after staining) then General Finishes antique walnut gel stain applied.

The color is so rich and lovely


Next I added 4 coats of General Finishes high performance top coat in flat finish with my angled Zibra brush (I won in their Christmas giveaway) for a beautiful durable finish that enhances the gorgeous grain.


Onto the base, Dixie Belle Paint in drop cloth was brushed on with their handy natural bristled paint brush. See it here on this antique dresser with dark stained top


above is one coat and below is two


I distressed the edges and sprayed Dixie Belle's Easy Peasy spray wax over all the drop cloth area 

then applied Fusion Mineral Paint ageing wax for dimension (right has the dark wax where as left is just clear waxed)









Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  

Newsletter June 17/2019


Shared at these great link up parties
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Creative Inspirations
Inspiration Monday



Comments