Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

IKEA Moppe Hack



My middle daughter had this cute IKEA moppe organizer as a child. I originally had it painted soft shades of pink and purple with hand painted details (center drawer) then she repainted it a bright bubble gum pink she chose for her room color. Yep her walls were that bold :)



Now that she is a young adult, I pulled it out of storage and gave it a big girl makeover!



 It was  sanded, scrubbed then painted Fusion Mineral Paint in ash all over, all sides of the drawers and the outside of the organizer.



What are all the Fusion paint tubs doing on top? They are straightening the slightly warped top after scrubbing. 


The ash alone changed it up ;)



Next I mixed up some Miss Mustard Seed milk paint in shutter grey and covered the drawer fronts and entire organizer. (I left the swipe of pink for her memory of her childhood bedroom color)

When dry it was hand sanded to reveal the charcoal ash base color


Fusion's clear and black wax were used to seal the milk paint and add further age to the piece.


D Lawless Hardware  has these awesome little drawer pulls that look like old library file cabinets. They were the perfect size for this project.

Notice the drawers have been turned around to put the flat solid side out.


However they were just a bit too shiny and new for the look I was going for.


Rustoleum has a new metallic spray paint color called flat soft iron 


It is the perfect color once dry


Now how to affix them to the organizer?? Luckily I had ordered some jewelry box legs that came with these teeny tiny screws. They worked once I pre drilled a wee tiny hole.


I printed off some fun old script font words and tucked them in the label area and this makeover was complete!


I LOVE the end result, it was exactly what I envisioned!









You can see the aged zinc sofa table here shown under the organizer



Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  

Comments