Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Making Wooden Tub Trays


I LOVE my tub tray and use it at every bath. It is the perfect place to set my iPad safely as well as a drink and snack 'cause why not enjoy some while you relax?

Mother's Day was the perfect time to do a couple custom ordered ones.


For these two orders I used precut solid pine boards I purchased from Rona. After unwrapping the boards, they were lightly sanded to smooth the edges and surfaces and wiped well.



In my workshop they were added to the paint line along with this soon to be navy sideboard and custom ordered growth ruler (see others I have done HERE).



I chose Homestead House's cappuccino stain and oil for the tub trays and ruler. Each piece had two coats on the fronts and back for a nicely sealed rich stained piece. I lightly sand after each coat to give it a satin smooth feel. This amazing stain finishing oil has a built in top coat which saves steps doing it all at once. It is so easy to use and such a fabulous product.



The well chosen words for each tub tray were stenciled after the first coat of stain finishing oil was dried well. Usually I hand paint mine (the top featured photo shows RELAX in a pretty script font that was hand painted) but had this stencil out for another project so went with it for these two.



I stenciled them with Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black.




Here they are waiting for pick up along with the growth ruler and this fabulous chalkboard.




I would love to have you ...
Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me



Shared up at these link up parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments