Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Modern Farmhouse Tray


Trays are a fun way to add character to your home. They can add color, personality and charm while serving a purpose, no pun intended.


Here is the wooden tray in is state I bought it in, black.


I brushed on Old Fashioned Milk Paint in a custom color mix of snow white and light cream on all sides. When dry it was sanded to reveal some of the original black and give a worn rustic feel.


I put out a poll on my Instagram page and got lots of great ideas but I went with my sister's word ... ENJOY!


Using a small stencil brush and a cursive alphabet stencil I stenciled the word enjoy in  Fusion Mineral Paint coal black. Check out this stenciled round coffee table for stenciling videos.


To seal the milk paint, Fusion's clear, black & ageing waxes. The clear was applied all over all sides then the dark waxes added to the crevices to create more rustic vibes. And it is ready to serve!








Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me



Shared up at these linky parties

Comments