Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Modern Farmhouse Bedroom Suite Update in Warm White


Pine bedroom suite makeover from country to classic


the bed was very hard to photograph in my work shop, sorry!


Here is the country pine bed frame before


and the inspiration photo for the desired look


And here is one of the two nightstands in its former country glory. It has such a pretty shape just crying for a makeover.


I set up the suite in my workshop and got busy


The nightstands tops had some deep gouges in the soft wood that required sanding down, here is the start.


progress continues after power sanding one completely to bare wood and on to the next

Both tops are now back to the natural pine and gouge free.


Now onto the edges of the tops, I used  SurfPrep foam sanding discs to form easily over the edge without changing the edge profile. The drawer fronts and bed frame were lightly sanded too to smooth any big dings. The years of "character" are part of the piece but just made less visible.


Pine has a tendency to bleed thru and seeing the goal is a smooth white finish, primer was brushed on in two full coats allowing to dry well between each one.


On to the queen size 4 poster


Painting while set up allows for all sides to be painted at once.


The first coat of primer is on all pieces and left to dry well. Then a second coat of primer was applied.


In between coats, the primer was sanded.


Using my newly acquired SurfPrep RAD sanding pads. I loved the flexibility of these pads and ease of use.


Now on to the actual paint, raw silk from Fusion Mineral Paint was the perfect warm white for this project.


It is shown on the left nightstand with the bright white primer on right.


Two coats were hand brushed with a 2" angled synthetic brush to achieve the perfect coverage.


The last step was to address the original hardware. It seemed a bit to fancy for the old pine country look but with the new warm white, satin nickel would be perfect and go well with the new suite.
Krylon spray paint in satin nickel to the rescue!


PERFECT!!


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


















Shared up at these link up parties


Comments