Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Hollywood Glamour Meets Farmhouse End Tables


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


This vintage end table pair needed an update badly. They had been covered with glass their whole existence but this had caused fading to the original stain color.



You can see just how much when the hardware was removed!! Just look at how the sun fades pieces over time.


After the hardware was removed, the tables were scrubbed clean and ready for their makeover.



The customer had seen the pair of custom end tables I did last summer in a Hollywood glam look and was waiting for the perfect french provincial set to come my way. When she saw I had found a set  from an estate sale, she ordered them finished in the same look. 



Fusion Mineral Paint in the color Champlain was painted on with my angled Zibra brush 


Even with a good cleaning, vintage furniture can bleed thru like a few areas on these tables. The answer is to spray with Zinsser Bulls Eye Shellac. This stops bleed thru in its tracks and once it dries you continue to paint as normal. For this set I went with 3 coats of the lovely Champlain color in total.



Now to update the old hardware, first step was to scrub it well and leave to dry.



Rustoleum's new metallic color flat soft iron was sprayed on once dry in multiple light coats.



For the added Hollywood glam effects, I used metallic paint in light and dark silver to enhance the details.



Then for a bit more added durability, I added 2 coats of Fusion Mineral Paint wipe on tough coat on both table tops.















Here they wait to be picked up along with the Rae Dunn inspired bread box and Danish oiled dining table.




Shared at these link up parties

Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments