Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

MMS kitchen scale milk painted paper towel holder


Do you love hand crafted wooden items? I do too. :)


Let me share how I gave this hand crafted solid wood wall mounted paper towel holder a fun pop of color using milk paint.


I wanted to keep it soft and worn looking so went with Miss Mustard Seed milk paint in kitchen scale. This is one of my favorite Miss Mustard Seed color. I have used it on my own entry way desk, this super cute vintage dresser and my cute kitchen stool

Above is one coat brushed on the cleaned holder. Being made of solid wood, it was perfect for milk paint to really soak in and be a part of the piece. When it was dry, which doe not take long at all, I sanded the paint smooth and distressed the edges.


To seal it, I used Homestead House's white wax rubbed on with a soft cloth and wiped off with a clean soft cloth. It left the perfect finish as well as white detailing in the corners and crevices. 

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


I love the worn edges and white wax finish.


Comments