Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Goodbye Brassy Gold Door Knobs



Do you have door knobs that work perfectly well but are a bright brassy gold that you really don't care for? Let me show you how we updated our door knobs at my daughters new condo.


We removed all the brassy knobs and cleaned them well. This is very important for adherence of the spray paint.


There were quite a few from the upper floor to be done.

In a well ventilated area with cardboard and paper for protection from over spray, Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint. Spray multiple light coats turning as dry to get an even coverage.



In this batch you can see a vanity light base being updated as well. We also did the bedroom light fixtures, bathroom towel rack & gold door stops too in Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint all with the same can!


Another condo updated project was brass dining light in classic black


Here are the finished knobs looking so much better don't you think?



A great tip I have since learned is to apply a few coats of clear poly spray over the painted knobs to seal and prevent scratches. However if you do not do this step and have a scratch, cut a hole in a paper towel and touch up the spot after a quick sanding.


Comments