Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Nightstand in Pink & White


How about this before and after? 


The customer who purchased my recent white with pink drawer dresser wanted a nightstand to go with it.


From the stock I had available she chose this night stand and asked if I might have hardware to change it up.


It just so happened I had 4 French Provincial handles from a friend that were not exact but for sure would change up the current MCM look.


The MCM pulls were removed and the holes wood filled along with any scratches or  deeply dinged areas.


Then all was power sanded smooth.


Now to paint; the drawer fronts were painted in the same custom made pink from the dresser made from Fusion Mineral Paint English Rose and picket fence. Two coats were applied, the dresser drawer is above for inspiration.


The body of the nightstand was painted Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in farmhouse white using my angled Zibra brush (I won in their Christmas giveaway).


However after the first coat dried I could see some areas faintly yellowed. The cure for any bleed thru is Zinsser spray shellac. I sprayed the entire body, legs etc to seal it all and left overnight.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  


In keeping with the dresser, over the pink drawer fronts I did a wash of  Fusion Mineral Paint in picket fence. See the grey growth ruler tutorial showing at photo top.


Time to drill new hardware holes using my Dewalt cordless drill.


Of course I measured about 10 times per hole to be sure all was exact, they say measure 10X - drill once ;)


The routered designs on the drawer fronts were bleeding thru the white paint so using a super tiny artist brush I sealed each line with a clear coat then 3 coats of  Fusion's picket fence.


The body was painted 2 more coats of Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in farmhouse then white waxed to seal. Above is the almost complete photo shared with the customer to be sure it was what she wanted.


As a little bonus I cut the last of my polka dot contact paper for drawer liners. Being the end they were not the usual exact fit but this easy to remove contact paper makes swapping out easy and adds a fun pop of color when opened. (please note the picture is mid placement and the bubble close to the front was indeed smoothed out)


And here is the finished piece.










Here are the two pieces together. I love how they coordinate so well together for being completely different from the start.






Shared at these linky parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments