Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Vintage Wood Frame Turned Memo Board


Vintage window frames with broken or missing glass are the perfect candidates for a chalkboard upcycle.


I pulled another glass-less window frame out of my stash and gave it a good power wash to remove anything yucky on it (aka mouse poop)


then let it dry well. (I did a 8' shelter board as well as they are used on my vintage display ladders)


Frame repairs were next in line; gluing the frame in a few spots and letting dry well.

The entire frame was then clear coated to seal in any lead or such that might be still in the wood.


I pulled out all the milk paint colors I had bits of left in my shop fridge along with a fresh batch of Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in farmhouse white I was using on this adorable white and pink nightstand.


I started with the black milk paint randomly all over.


On the back side I painted it solid using Homestead House Milk Paint sherwood brown milk paint. To reinforce the frame I added some screwed on navy painted thin wood squares .


The front was solidly painted the Homestead House Milk Paint in midnight blue (AKA navy) milk paint. I used it on this fabulous cedar lined armoire.


Next layer was Homestead House Milk Paint in prairie sunset, used on this sweet wooden stool


The entire frame was power sanded smooth then once again sealed with a clear poly. 



Another coat of the navy was dry brushed over, sanded and another poly coat to seal it all.


Isn't this rusty old latch adorable?


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  



Now for the center area, hardboard was cut to fit the 2 former glass openings. The edges sanded then painted 3 coats of Rustoleum chalkboard paint.



I was sitting my sweet little niece who was keen to pass me tools. To affix the hardboard chalkboard pieces I used glazier points to secure just like the glass originally was. Sturdy D rings were screwed at the top edges so the chalkboard frame can be hung securely to the wall when used.



She was also keen to be part of the staging photos :)



Shared up at these link up parties
Creative Inspirations
All About Home
Farmhouse Friday

Comments