Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Jewelry Box in Jolie's malachite


Jolie Paint's gorgeous malachite is the perfect color for this sweet jewelry box.


First step is always to remove hardware when you can and clean the piece very well.



Here is one coat of Jolie Paint's malachite hand painted on. This little sample jar has painted this accent chair and carved jewelry box with still paint to spare after painting this jewelry box in two coats!!


The ring drawer had some loose holder pads that were secured back in place with clear flexible gorilla glue. My husband bought it for a broken plate and eye glasses not realizing it was flexible but it is perfect for this repair.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  


Before the two coats were dry, the edges were wet distressed with a Jolie's sweet sanding pad to reveal the original wood stain. Then when dry it was sealed with Jolie's clear wax using there fabulous wax brush.


Now to address the glass in the door, usually I do my signature faux mercury glass but I am still trying to find somewhere to use this pretty napkin. However I decided to do my usual faux mercury glass treatment but amped it up a little with some gold to coordinate with the hardware. Rustoleum's mirror effect and pure gold metallic spray paints along with vinegar gave me just what I wanted.


It turned out perfect!!

The gold and silver work so lovely together.


Dark wax was added to the edges to further age its look.









I am a brand ambassador and affiliate with Jolie, if you would like to order and receive discount off your order please use this code INF-CREATIVEMOMENTS, you guarantee will love their products.


Shared at these link up parties
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Creative Inspirations

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you so much, I too love this color allot :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment