Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

The Red Counter Height Swivel Stool


Red always makes a statement right? And these two beauties look fabulous in red!


The before of this solid wood counter height stool was lacking pizzazz but was well made and solid, and it was the perfect height the customer was searching for for their kitchen desk area. 


Flash forward to the finished chair in its new home! PERFECT!! Can you see the solid maple tray in the kitchen too?


First step in the makeover was a thorough scrubbing then taken apart for ease of painting after the stainless steel footrest was removed too.



Not wanting the white to pop thru the red, it was spray painted a few quick coats of matte black spray paint. Spraying outside provides lots of ventilation too.


Fusion Mineral Paint's fort york red was the color of choice to match the tray. Two coats were brushed on.


Then black wax was added for detail and dimension.


See how it catches on the edges?


The foot rest was screwed back on then the swivel seat.


And it is completed with a bright future ahead.




Love a pop of red, how about you?



Shared at this link up parties

Comments