Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Trash Can Deodorizers


I saw a post on Facebook to make some trash can deodorizers. They looked easy enough to make seeing I had all the ingredients in my house but not the silicon molds. Luckily I found one at our local church thrift sale.


Following the blog post I got out my ingredients.

1 cup baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup distilled water
20 drops lemon essential oil
10 drops lavender essential oil

And mixed them in a glass bowl.


I added more baking soda as mine were runny but once pushed into the mold they were even more runny.


I left them for 4 days to dry well.


But even then they did not pop out of the mold looking pretty BUT they sure smelled good.


I stored the extra in a glass canister and have some in my trash cans currently. Next time I may try and find a simple smooth silicon mold design.

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  

Comments