Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Ladders Turned Market Display Shelves


What are you looking for in this photo? Well my new display ladders of course ;)


For my fall markets I was trying to find a unique way to display my smaller items. I scoured Pinterest and found old vintage ladders as a way. It just so happens my Dad found me a couple a few years back that I have been storing.


Above is my booth at Prairie Girls Vintage Market, It was their display debut. At this time they were yet to be painted, just power washed. Can you see them there at the back?

To start with I powered washed them with our pressure washer then let dry well. I brushed on layers of milk paint colors I had from past projects including Old Fashioned Milk Paint in light cream,  Miss Mustard Seed's kitchen scale and  Homestead House Paint Co. laurentian, champlain and loyalist. I never waste any milk paint but rather store leftovers in my garage fridge for projects just like this.



Part way thru I decided to change out some of the braces that were deteriorated. I cut new pieces from maple scraps from our kitchen cabinets. Then it was back to painting them.


When all layers were on, the ladders were power sanded to smooth the paint along with the years of wear.



Then to seal them up I brushed on Varathane's diamond wood finish clear top coat in a few coats. And they are now ready to display my wares at my markets.






My next market, Etsy; Made in Canada Calgary Edition they were all painted pretty and a huge hit with many asking if they were for sale! LOL sorry no they are not. If you are on Etsy I would love you to stop by my Creative Moments store and give me a like and have a look around.

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  






















This is my display area at our local vintage market; Vintage & Vines. The color shows more blue due to the lighting in the facility.











Shared at these link up parties
Farmhouse Friday
Silver Pennies Sunday

Comments