Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Weathered Wood Accelerator Growth Ruler


Here is a weathered wood look growth ruler, follow as I share the steps to create it.


I used a 1" X 8" X 6'L spruce board from the pile. Check out ones done in an aged wood look & a blue one as well as an aged grey painted ruler


Using Varathane's weathered wood accelerator I brushed on the first coat.



I thought I would use it on a sanded geometric coffee table too, here is the first coating on.


The first coat is dry, unique looking right?


Here is that first coat on both pieces dry, different wood = different colors. I decided I did not care for it on the coffee table as indeed it does give a weathered black mark look.


Two coats of the Varathane's weathered wood accelerator seemed a tinge purple 


so to add to the weathered look I dry brushed on Rustoleum's chalked ultra matte paint in linen white along with the Muddaritaville Studio growth ruler stencil in the same color.

A light sanding to smooth and blend then sealed both sides with Varathane's diamond wood clear top coat brushing on 3 thin coats.


The two dark stained rulers are done with another wood accelerator; aged. See this ruler post and this ruler post for more on that shade.


Shared at this link up parties

Comments