Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Antique Side Table in Warm White Milk Paint


I LOVE LOVE LOVE antique furniture pieces. This sweet little side table looks adorable updated in warm white milk paint don't you think?


Through the years the stain had faded around perhaps a doily along with dings and a few burn like marks.


In typical antique wear and tear the top is not level but hat only adds to the quirky character of the piece.

 

All my pieces start with a deep scrub using warm water, dish soap and some TSP.

The top was then power sanded smooth with my Dewalt orbital sander and  Zinsser Bull's Eye spray shellac  sprayed all over to reseal the top for an even painted surface. It also stops any bleed thru these old stains may cause once painted.


I chose Shackteau Interiors milk paint in sand for the color of this piece. See the kettle cove green used on this gorgeous waterfall vanity.


It is a warm white that I think will be perfect for this little table. Below is the first coat brushed on.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


And here is the third coat applied. Once dry it was sponge sanded smooth with allowed the milk paint to chip where it wanted leaving the perfect antique finish.


To seal the milk paint I chose Fusion Mineral Paint clear wax then used Fusion's ageing wax  in the nooks and crannies and edges to keep the antique feel to the piece.


Just look at the carved details in this sweet wooden treasure. And see how the milk paint and dark wax make the details pop!











Featured on Hometalk email 3-14-2020

Comments