Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Classic Black 4 Poster Bed Frame



I purchased this 4 poster bed frame thinking my eldest daughter might want it but she was still enjoying a vintage bed frame I painted a few years back for her.


The wooden 4 poster queen size frame will be for sale but first it needed a makeover.


Step 1 was to fill any areas with wood filler that have been dinged up in the past and power sand them smooth.


Step 2 was to spray the sanded areas with a black spray paint then seal with clear  Zinsser Bull's Eye spray shellac  to keep the finish uniform and prevent any cherry color bleed thru.


Step 3 was to assemble in the workshop to paint all sides easier.


Step 4 - paint. I went with Dixie Belle paint in caviar for rich ebony color. Just like my daughter's bed frame, black is a classic neutral going with almost any bedding and room accent color.

Two coats brushed on with their brush gave perfect coverage.


Step 5 For some additional durability and sheen I mixed Dixie Belle satin top coat with some of the caviar paint and brushed on two coats.


This video shows how it goes on grey and dries clear with just a hint of black.


On the details I brushed on with an artists brush to get in the nooks and crannies.





This beauty is very hard to get a nice photo of in my busy workshop but here is a few angles to show the updated look.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


And this video view too.

Step 6 As a final addition I hand rubbed black wax over every surface to deepen the black color even more and give a vintage waxed feel and it was then complete.


I tried another photo angle when moving the pieces inside to store, my assistants show choice cracks me up.


Then inside I opted for just the head and foot boards to stage with.










Shared At These Linkup Parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday
All About Home
Thursday Favorite Things

Comments

  1. This is really beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty makeover. I'd love to have you share it at Party In Your PJ's on my blog!
    https://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com/2020/01/party-in-your-pjs-291.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Do you still host this blog party?

      Delete
  3. I love your Bed! Absolutely beautiful job. I love this look! Thanks for sharing at the TFT party! Pinned to the party board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(
      cheers

      Delete

Post a Comment