Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Pretty in Pink Serving Tray - Cancer Fundraiser #1


This is the first project in my cancer charity fundraiser series; this adorable serving tray.


A few months back I won this lovely cancer awareness transfer from Redesign with Prima in a giveaway.

Originally I had tried to source a hope chest to apply it on but my search was not to be fulfilled.


So I chose 3 smaller projects to use the 3 piece transfer on; a serving tray, a vintage suitcase and a solid maple door which would be turned into a serving tray.


For the serving tray I envisioned a design on the serving surface with many of the inspirational words.


This Serenity stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils was the perfect design as it reminds me of the breast cancer ribbons which are pink so the tray frame will be pink too.


Fusion Mineral Paint in English rose was the perfect pink for the project. Using Cutting Edge's 3/4" stencil brush I stenciled the soft pink on the tray surface. I had removed one end of the tray which allowed the white tray portion to be easily removed and much easier to work on.


Left - paint stenciled on Right - stencil lifted to reveal the design

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Follow me on Hometalk 
Email me


Not one to waste paint, I used the stencil brush to paint the tray frame two coats of the English rose pink. When everything was dry, all surfaces were sponge sanded smooth.


The final step was to add the inspirational words from the transfer. I arranged the words and images over the tray and transferred them onto the surface.


Then put the tray back together and it was complete! I love it, it turned out just as I had envisioned.


The pieces were individually auctioned on my Creative Moments Facebook page with all proceeds being donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.


Thank you to all my bidders, post sharers and winning bidders for the support on this project.
This sweet tray brought in $50.




The completed cancer charity collection. This pretty in pink tray, the vintage yellow suitcase and the soft sage serving tray.


THANK YOU to Fusion Mineral PaintCutting Edge Stencils and Redesign with Prima for collaborating on this very worthy cause!!


Shared at these link up parties

Comments

  1. So pretty & clever, I love how you've upcycled these pieces! Well done!
    Visiting from Esme's today. You're most welcome to join me in a cuppa at Tea With Jennifer...😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I will check you out :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea and it's super pretty. Thank you for the mention that you party and hang out at Senior Salon Pit Stop 304. See you again next week https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words and hosting each week :)

      Delete

Post a Comment