Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Milk Painted Patio Tables AKA Wooden Spools



Check out my freshly painted patio tables created from wooden utility spools.


I live on the Canadian prairies and our fairly new home was built in the middle of a hay field. This means we get ALLOT of wind so everything we have outside needs to be sturdy (or stacked when not in use like the Adirondack chairs)


We use these wood utility spools for tables around our fire pit and on our deck. They are however lacking personality. Bring on the paint!


As in all projects the first step is a good deep clean. I used a hose and scrub brush along with a bucket of soapy water but a pressure washer works great too.


Flip so all sides get a good scrub.


Let them dry well and make any repairs, this one had a board lifting so it was glued and nailed back in place.


I chose milk paint for these two projects. Milk paint works really well on raw wood absorbing into the fibers for great adherence.


This one was painted solid in Homestead House Milk Paint laurentien then Homestead House Milk Paint Quaker blue dry brushed over it. I love the dimension it creates.


This one was done in colors I had wee bits left of in my fridge. TIP: keep milk paint in fridge is you have any remainder and it can be used many weeks later.

The colors used are Homestead House Milk Paint Loyalist, Renfrew blue, Quaker blue, and Laurentien along with white, black and a cream and both bottoms were painted Homestead House Milk Paint garden seed.


Seeing they were going to be outside in the elements I asked the Homestead House Milk Paint guru Loree what she recommended and she suggested tung oil. It is easy to apply with a chip brush, I also added some mineral spirits to make it a bit runnier and soak in faster. Then wipe off the excess. You can add as many coats as you need after the coats dry.


And here is the tung oil on the multi color, it also deepens the color too.


Once they were good and dry, they were put outside.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Like my no blow away deck rug? Here is the how to stencil a rug tutorial using Fusion Mineral Paint.






FEATURED!!
6-29-2020

Shared up at these link up parties


Comments

  1. What stencil did you use on the little box on hometalk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Can you send me a photo or the link?

      Delete

Post a Comment