Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Bayberry Green Mens Vintage Valet


Another great change up for a thrift store scored mens' valet. Usually they are requested in dark colors but this one was commissioned to be green. What do you think? 

You can see many others mens valets I have done HERE.


Remove hardware and scrub clean after vacuuming well.

This vintage solid wood valet had a bright orange interior that the customer was not a fan of.


But that was an easy fix painting it with Fusion Mineral Paint watered down in Ash using a 1" chip brush and spraying with a spray mister occasionally to allow the paint to absorb into the fibers. After the first coat dried well a second coat was done the same way and when dry again, all was lightly sanded.


The exterior was painted bayberry from Fusion Mineral Paint. Again two coats were brushed on then when dry all was lightly sanded using this super flexible sanding pad from Blue Dolphin to smooth and distress the edges.


To add further age and dimension, Homestead House Wax espresso wax was applied.


Painting all sides allow this to be a stand alone piece on a dresser or nightstand.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
                                                                            Email me








Shared up at these link up parties

Comments