Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Mandala Stenciled Round IKEA Coffee Table

I love mandalas! They are such a pretty addition to some many pieces and come in so many designs. I have used them on jewelry boxes, a wooden lazy susan, on a square oak coffee table, a laminated lazy susan, on stool seats, a wood and glass canister set, a geometric shaped coffee table, a sweet little edged turn table, another round coffee table and I even painted a huge one on my deck as a "rug".

 

This round oak inlaid coffee table from IKEA is a great classic shape and color but needed a fresh coat of paint and a bit of pizzazz.

I have updated allot of IKEA pieces. Don't be afraid to invest time in many of their solid wood and wood veneer pieces.

Step one is always to clean the furniture piece well then sand the edges and add wood filler to any areas needing it.


Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black was brushed on in the direction of the wood grain using my Cling On short brush. Using a mister bottle helps keep the paint moving well when needed.


One coat was all that was needed to fresh up the paint.


Now for the fun part, the mandala stencil. My favorite is this prosperity mandala stencil from Cutting Edge. It comes in a variety of sizes to fit every project. This one is 24". I have used prosperity mandala on these other projects including the largest size on my deck to create a mandala rug that has been a top project on my blog.


I am also a fan of Cutting Edge Stencil Tools Kit too. Here are other Cutting Edge stencil projects.

I used a subtle metallic brown colored metallic paint to compliment the black.


Here is the stencil reveal, seeing the painted pattern always makes my heart happy.


The metallic paint needed a sealer so the entire top was clear poly coated with a damp sponge and 4 coats of clear poly. 


What do you think? If you are in Southern Alberta, it is available on my Facebook page ;)


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



FEATURED
Oct 2, 2020





Comments

  1. Beautiful transformation and I love the custom look to an IKEA coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I too thought it jazzed up an IKEA table well, so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment