Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Magnolia Painted Wooden Rolling Pin

  This old hand turned solid wood rolling pin sat for years in my stock to paint stash. Prepping for my annual vintage market had me going thru the box. I saw it and visualized it painted warm white with my favorite magnolia flowers on it. So that is just what I did.

Country Chic lazy linen chair side table


When perusing the Country Chic paint color chart, I spied lazy linen and thought it might be the perfect "grey". It seemed like a pretty soft grey.

I purchased this sweet "chair side table" (according to the Eaton's price tag still affixed to it) and grey seemed to be the color it should be updated in.



After making a few repairs and giving it a good scrubbing, the paint process was underway. As with some light colors, the first coat look fairly sketchy and not at all grey.



but 2 coats later sponge sanded and distressed edges between coats it looked better.


to add dimension and keep it aged I washed the crevices with a darker grey all around then gave the whole thing a coat of tough coat, now it turned grey rather then more white. Once dry it was time to add black glaze to the crevices and all the edges to add yet more aging and dimension. This task took quite some time with small artist brushes. I followed it up with a final coat of tough coat. The original hardware was scrubbed and put back on and it is now ready to add character to your home.






*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Country Chic Paint


Link Up Parties

Comments