Skip to main content

Old Fashioned Milk Paint goes barnwood




I am very pleased to announce that I have been chosen as an Old Fashioned Milk Paint blogger, thank you OFMP. As my first project under this fabulous title I have chosen to paint is this well loved wood coffee table


I chose colors from their palette that depicted old barn wood colors; driftwood, slate and snow white.


As per all my projects the first step is to do repairs if needed, sand and give a good scrub with TSP, soap and water with 2 sizes of scrub brushes to get in all nooks and crannies, a good rinse and left to dry well

Then the fun begins, time to get painting. OFMP is so easy to mix, I added powder into a plastic container and then water and stir. I made mine a bit more liquidy for a more stain like quality but it mixed amazingly.


 to get a barn wood feel I used a dry brush technique in color layers drying between each
 and once  top was complete I did the base but went a bit more white on it

the 3 colors are perfect old wood colors achieving the look I was going for, don't you think?

to seal the piece so it was durable for lots of wear I first started with 2 coats of hand rubbed poly
followed by acriglaze
 and then the to give a vintage sheen to the now matte top I added a coat of Daddy Van's clear wax.
 this goes on so smooth and easy, be sure to grab a good wax brush, makes it go even faster
 and then it was finished!





*Disclosure
As a OFMP brand rep, I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains a sponsored link for Old Fashioned Milk Paint


Link Up Parties



Most Viewed Blog Posts

The Fab Furniture Flippin' July Contest™ with OFMP Farmhouse Fun

Fusion's brushed steel nightstand

Classic Black Antique Dresser

Fusion's new color putty