Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Homestead Blue meets black wax



I purchased this unusual accent/end table because of its shape and because it was actual solid wood, no laminate like many out there. The hardware intrigued me too but the carved doors called for some dark detailing. Fusion Mineral Paint's Homestead Blue seemed the perfect color to paint this piece and add my new black wax.
 sand the top and scrub thoroughly are steps 1 & 2
I LOVE the ease of painting with Fusion; a good shake of the can & a good polyester brush and your set. It goes on so smooth, self levels and adheres amazingly. Just one coat was all that this piece needed.

Once dry, which was not long later, another great feature of Fusion paint I added black wax for detailing and shadowing.


The hardware perhaps took the longest part of the process. It is solid brass but was needing a good cleaning so out came the brass polish and about an hour later this was the result.




With the hardware put back on when dry, here is the final project.




This MCM dresser was painted in the same gorgeous color, to see how it was created click HERE.



*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint

Link Up Parties

Comments