Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Fusion Mineral paint Coral nightstand


Another fairly new color release from Fusion Mineral paint Penney & CO collection is a pretty color called coral. It is the perfect color for this solid pine nightstand with hopes of spring arriving soon.


This piece has seen some loving and probably has many stories to share including the carvings scratched into the top and the sides
BUT this is why I love solid wood


All this can be as good as new with an orbital sander and a few different grits of sand paper.
After everything was sanded smooth, the nightstand had a spa treatment
with various scrub brushes, a bucket of soapy TSP enhanced water
and a garden hose to rinse clean.


Once good and dry it was time to start the fun part, adding the coral color



Fusion Mineral paint is an amazing paint, going on so smooth and sticking to virtually every type of surface. I like to use Fusion's quality short handle angled synthetic brush. It works perfect with this self leveling paint to leave minimal brush stokes.


The original handle was broken so I chose to fill the holes when I was sanding and drill a new center hole for a shiny new knob.



As well I wanted to add a whimsical touch to the drawer front, I chose a sweet stencil from Fusion's awesome stencil selection along with their smooth embossing paste. With these 2 products, I created this slightly raised medallion of sorts around the new knob.





I lean towards simplicity over lots of embellishments but felt that the 4 little mushroom buttons near the bottom of the nightstand would look perfect painted in metallic silver,
adding just a wee bit more sparkle


I also like to add an element of surprise so I painted the drawer bottom
in Fusion's gorgeous azure!

Once dry, it was time to put together with new knob and take a few pictures of this beauty.








~disclosure~
Please note that although this post is Fusion Mineral paint sponsored, all opinions are my own. No monetary compensation has been received.

Linked up at these parties

Comments

  1. That color is beautiful, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy tropical hue, look wonderful with the aqua and I really like the stencil adds a perfect special something, thanks for sharing it at Fridays Furniture Fix!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment